Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pickles, Jellies & Jams








Happy Days in Happyville

I am making pickles, jellies & jams for the Happy Days Festival that our town is hosting in a few short weeks. My friend Dawn & I will have our own booth featuring her awesome gift baskets and my homemade goodies.

My best friend Toni & I made various jellies & jams YEARS ago as Christmas gifts, but I have never made pickles before. Using my grandmother's recipe, I hope my Sugar & Spice Pickles are a crowd pleaser. Garlic, spices, and lots of sugar... what's not to love?

The jams are my favorite to make, especially blueberry jam. I have come up with the cutest names for my treats... tell me what you think.

Very Berry Blueberry Jam, Yummy Plummy Jam, I'm a Georgia Peach Jam, & Apple of My Eye Jelly. (I'm not 100% sold on the apple jelly name, but Nikki tells me it's catchy.)

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers