Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Comcast

So this past Sunday morning we were working at the Mercer House. OK, actually Todd, Tom & John were working, I was picking out new house paint colors. Anyway, Tom's van and Todd's SUV were parked in the street, directly in front of the house. A few minutes after we arrived, a Comcast technician also arrived in the neighborhood. He was there to complete a service call at the home directly across the street from ours. He proceeded to park in front of that home, thereby leaving less than 5 feet between Tom's & Todd's vehicles and his own.

Upon him exiting his work van, I asked if if he would please move either a little bit up the street or a little bit down the street since he was blocking the street. No cars could have passed between the vehicles. Hell, I couldn't even lay down in the middle of the street IF I had wanted to, not that I would have, but this fact is just an illustration of how frickin' close the vehicles were to each other due to this (insert no-so-nice descriptive word here). So anyway, the guy says, "No, that's too far for me to carry my ladder." My response, "OK, I'll just call the police."

So the police show up a few moments later, and after a few more minutes (10 or 15), the cop winds up slamming the Comcast guy up against his work van and placing him under arrest. The Comcast guy was even arguing with the police officer and refusing to move the vehicle 15 feet up or down the street. What an (insert no-so-nice descriptive word here)!

So the guy is under arrest, his work truck is going to be towed, and he may just lose his job JUST BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T MOVE HIS WORK VAN.

So fast forward 35 minutes... the police officer lets the Comcast guy go (with or without a ticket, I don't know, it's not my business), the guy goes into the house where the service call is waiting (what a IDIOT... keep reading) and never once uses his ladder.

So about the IDIOT. All I can say about her is that thank GOD she is no longer my neighbor. I honestly would have to move if she were my neighbor in Happyville. Not a very happy person, or a smart one either. Here's just one reason why...

So while the Comcast guy is in the police car under arrest, she is talking with another neighbor (Ronnie, my hairdresser who also lives on Mercer) about the incident. I interject that I would be happy to tell them what happened since I was the one who called the police. She then says (and I quote), "I have no doubt that it was you who called the police." My response, "Is that good or bad?" She then proceeds to tell me that I should have asked him to move BEFORE I called the police. Yeah, thanks genius. I hadn't thought of that. What a great idea! When I informed her that I had and that he had refused, she then proceeds to tell everyone that the guy wasn't resisting arrest, she had seen the whole thing from her window. This is where I tell her, "I don't think the police officer would agree with you on that" and then I walk away all the while calling her A Complete F---ing Idiot. And she is, she really is.

My only hope now is that the Comcast guy never show up at our Happyville home for a service call.

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Carol - Anne,

I am sorry for the experience. We certainly don't want this to happen again in the future.

If iti is okay with you, will you please provide more information? Location, date and time would be helpful.

Thanks for sharing this post.

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Anonymous said...

Carol Anne,
I had a very bad comcast experience as well...When we moved into our home in Peachtree City, the first Comcast guy showed, laid all over my floor, left "hair sized" wires and garbage all over, kept farting and burping, while talking on his cell phone (to God knows who) and even asked for food and water...go figure. You'd think he was part of my family! Needless to say, he knew ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about installing the phone system and how to connect the internet. It took 6 months and 10 different technicians to finally get it mess-up right. Comcast really SUCKS bad now...We did get some free movie chanels out of the headache that we encountered! *smile* Lynn

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers