Sunday, July 12, 2009

Living for the Weekend!

Now that I am officially a "working mom," I am living for the weekends. And what a weekend it was!

Our Friday evening began at the Brake Pad. We joined Nolan, Brandon & the girls (and Nolan's parents and sister) on the patio for dinner. Todd had the BLT and I had the fish tacos. Turns out Nolan had the same thing. We are like that. Great minds think alike. While at dinner we ran into several friends. Gerry from our once favorite Mexican restaurant, Beth (whose husband was our architect), and Paty from the old neighborhood. Everyone oohed and aahed over the Peanut. Beth even held him for 20 minutes, and even once threatened to not return him. That was a nice start to our weekend.

Nathan's Saturday started with a bottle and a bath. He LOVES the water. Hates to be naked, but LOVES the water. Todd and I grabbed a quick bowl of cereal before I headed upstairs for my shower. Yeah, Nathan wanted a shower as well, so he peed all over himself while Todd was changing him! (Did I mention that Nathan LOVES the water?) Following our family shower (I needed Todd's help with the wriggle worm), we headed north to Todd's parents' house. We ran an errand on our way to the house, but then spent the rest of the day there. Jennifer & Jeff spent the day with us as well. We enjoyed a nice meal. In fact, my MIL prepared these awesome muffins. I will definitely get her recipe and share. A definite keeper! We rounded off the visit with a walk on the nature trail behind their house. Oh, and Uncle Jeff was even late to the dinner table because he was loving on Nathan.

Nathan on our walk


At church Sunday morning the Vacation Bible School kids put on a show, and not wanting to be outdone, Nathan put on his own. During a prayer. Yeah, I had to leave the sanctuary. Following church, we returned home to enjoy Grandmother's famous chicken salad sandwiches. Since Nathan wouldn't take any sort of a nap, we decided that a trip to the GA Tech pool was in order. (I tell you the Peanut LOVES the water!) We did a few laps around the "Shoot the 'Hooche", did some tummy time on the floating mats, and practiced floating on our backs before we decided to call it a successful first visit. Dinner at Johnny's was a welcome treat. I love Johnny's pizza!

Nathan & Mommy "shooting the 'Hooche"



Slippery when wet

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers