Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Kid is Punctual

So my friend Carl recommended the book Babywise. He promised that I wouldn't regret it. And so far I haven't. That's because Nathan is on a schedule. It works for us. He feeds at or about 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm, and 9 pm. You can set your watch to his hungry cries.

And while he's on a schedule, sometimes he veers off. No big deal though. I know he'll fix it soon enough. Like yesterday..

Yesterday he woke at 8 am and fed. Totally skipped the 6 am feeding. (Thank you, God. I needed the sleep!) Anyway, he ate at 8 am and I dropped him off at his Great Grandmother's at 8:45. I told her he was "off schedule" but that he would get himself back on track before I returned at 4:30. Sure enough, the boy wanted a bottle at 11:50 and again at 3:05. This kid is like me... on time!

And then today, Girlfriend Nikki watched him. Nikki & I talked on the phone during my afternoon commute so she could fill me in with the details of the day. (She had a date tonight, so she needed to leave as soon as I arrived home.) Based on our conversation and the clock, I knew that he would be eating soon. Wouldn't you know it... I walked in the door at 5:59, and at 6:00 Nathan started his hungry cry. Like I said, the kid is punctual!

Now we are anxiously awaiting the day that Nathan drops the 3 am feeding. Hopefully it will happen before he starts daycare on August 3rd. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers