Monday, December 22, 2008

Tears of Joy

Last Thursday I had blood drawn for a quad-screen, a test conducted during weeks 16 through 18 of pregnancy. This test screens for Downs Syndrome and neural tube defects.

I had decided last week that I did not want to know the test results before Christmas. I trust you can understand why. Well, the doctor's office just called with the results, and before I let her finish her sentence, I asked her, "Do I want to know the results?" Her answer was "YES, everything is fine." The Grit passed that test!

Of course I started to cry, and she wished me a Merry Christmas. And yes, it will be a very Merry Christmas indeed!

1 comment:

Nolan said...

Glad your results were good! We get our results in the next day or so...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers