Friday, December 12, 2008

Burgers & Socks

You may be asking yourself what do these things have in common. Nothing, really, but they were both a part of my evening last night, so they'll both be a part of today's blog.

So every night on my way home I spend a few minutes at a traffic light not far from our home. And while I wait for my green light, I am tempted by the delicious smell of hamburgers. But these aren't just any burgers. No. They are Burger King burgers. Yum! Every night the burger fairies send that delicious smell into the evening sky through some magical, powerful ventilation system. And every night that delicious smell beckons those nearby to come buy a Burger King burger. Of course it's tempting. Really tempting. But I forge ahead and make my way home. But I tell you this... we're having burgers for dinner tonight! (Homemade, but burgers nevertheless.)

And now for the sock portion of my evening.

Yesterday morning I placed a load of laundry in the dryer. Fast forward to last night. When I came home I went searching for socks in said dryer. Wouldn't you know it, the exact pair of socks I wanted to wear were right there in front. Both socks. A complete pair. How often does that happen?!?! It gave me a warm feeling inside. It's the simple things that make me happy.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers