Friday, December 5, 2008

Hard Candy Christmas

I really, really, really want to hear Dolly Parton's "Hard Candy Christmas," and I want to hear it SOON!

Whenever I hear that song, I think of Granddaddy, my great-grandfather who passed away a few years ago. I don't know if he liked the song or not, but he loved hard candies, especially Russell Stover's Stain & Chips.

The candy tins look a lot different from the tins from 25 year ago. In fact, my Uncle Charlie still has a candy tin in his desk drawer at work. In it he keeps coins. When BJ & I were growing up, we would visit "The Shop" often, and we always ran to that drawer, got some change out of the tin, and bought ourselves a Coke & a snack. That is one of my favorite memories.

Perhaps that why I love Dolly Parton's "Hard Candy Christmas" so much.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers