Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Snuggle

That's all P wanted to do last night. Snuggle. Poor baby was very sick & he knew it!

When he & Todd got home last night I knew he was burning up~ those flushed cheeks & sad eyes said what he couldn't. He reached for me to hold him & when I did, my suspicions were confirmed. He was H.O.T. I asked if he wanted to snuggle, and he said over & over again "snuggle." So sweet yet so sad.

So we immediately got in Mommy & Daddy's bed & we snuggled. Todd laid down with us for a few moments, but then headed out to get us something for dinner. I ate my dinner with P in the crook of my arm & we watched Curious George & Elmo over & over again. He fell asleep around 9:15, & I finally got watch something other that CG & E.

P occasionally woke up during the night either to cry, whimper, or get some juice. Around 3 a.m. I spoon-fed him applesauce (spiked with his medicine ~ he won't take medicine any other way), & by 5 his fever broke.

Since he's still not feeling 100%, he's spending the day watching more CG & E and snuggling with PopPop. I hope PopPop gets to hear him say that sweet word~ snuggle.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers