Saturday, February 7, 2009

We've got a crib!!!


The crib is here! YEAH!!! I picked out a traditional Jenny Lind crib, in white. I hemmed & hawed over the color selection, but in the end decided to go with white. Blue walls, chocolate bedding (for the most part) & white furniture just seemed like a lovely color combination. And I was right! I am in love with my choices.

Dad & I put together Nathan's crib tonight. It didn't take too long. It took longer to put together the adorable puppy mobile than it did to assemble the crib. Dad's gift to us was the crib, mattress & mattress pad. He wanted to spend more money than he did, but this is what made me happy, so he's happy.

And speaking of the mobile... yes, we know it is in backwards, but that's how all the pieces fit together. Don't ask. Both Dad & I read over the instructions after Todd finished, and despite the fact that the instructions say one thing, the pieces say another. So unless Nathan has hands of steel, we're not too worried about him unscrewing the "bolt" that now finds itself inside the crib instead of the outside.

As you can also see, the bedding is in. I still have to wash the sheet, but I at least wanted to see everything put together tonight. I'll wash the sheet tomorrow. Oh, I am still trying to figure out the bumper. What will happen when I raise & lower the side? Will the bumper go up & down with the side? And how & where do I tie the ties? Dad & Todd seemed to know more than me, so if you can give me any pointers, I'd be greatly appreciative.

2 comments:

The Zinn Family said...

We have the same crib in honey oak.
When Nathan is little, you keep the bumper pads at the level they are, since you don't need to lower the side of the crib at this point.
When he begins pulling himself up, then it will be time to lower the mattress, in which case the bumper will move down with it. Eric and I never really had to lower the side of the crib, since Ryan pulled himself up, he was already standing, so we just pick him up out of his crib!
It's a great crib, we love ours!
Good Luck!

Whitney said...

HOOOOORAAAAY for getting your crib! That's so much fun! :) Everything looks great, girl.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers