Thursday, August 20, 2009

Such truth in these words

From Trace Adkins's You're Gonna Miss This...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These Are Some Good Times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Believe me, I sing these words to myself several times a week. I know there is truth in these words. I'm not wishing any of my time with my son away. I know better than that!

Having said that though, I cannot stop the inevitable. Nathan is growing up so (too) fast. Baby boy, you better stop. Now. Mommy likes you as a baby.

I'm sure I'm going to love you as a toddler and a little boy, but for right now, Mommy loves holding you, rocking you, feeding you, singing & reading to you, watching you as you play with your hands, ears & knees (your feet are next!). I love that you are starting to hold my finger and give me a baby hug as I hold you close at night. I love the smiles & giggles that greet me each morning & each evening when I get home from work. I love watching you play in the tub as Daddy & I bathe you. You love to float like a lily pad and you especially love the "waterfall" that Mommy pours on your belly.

Nathan, I love EVERYTHING about you.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers